Friday, October 1, 2010

Dad Doing the 'Do

I love this picture! Don't you just love Dad's attention to detail? I think it's such a sweet thing to occassionally see dads doing things that moms usually do.
It's good to see pictures of Uncle Verl. I'm really looking forward to meeting him again in the next life without the constraints he had to endure in this life. I still have a bracelet he gave me that he found on one of his walks in his trailer park. The clasp has long-ceased to function properly, but it always makes me smile.

2 comments:

  1. The bottom picture brings back lots of memories. The couch Uncle Verl is sitting on is the one Richie the vampire turned adventurer crawled under and caught on fire. Another guardian angel moment. One good thing, the "lovely" orange carpet had to be replaced after the couch fire melted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be positive, Mom! I hated sitting on the orange carpet by the fireplace because of the rock-hard melted carpet spots. I remember that couch as the one Doug, the big boy, cracked when he landed on the arm.

    ReplyDelete